Monday 5 December 2016

Gifted - an Exhibition at Makers Gallery

Summer in Australia has well and truly arrived, bringing searing temperatures and violent tropical storms. These usually hit in the late afternoon, when black clouds gather and the strong winds begin to blow. 

When I left home on Saturday afternoon to see an exhibition of ceramics at the Makers Gallery, I could see the storm clouds building but I decided to go anyway. 

I was so pleased I did – it is an inspiring collection of work by many artists, one of whom is my friend Martha Zettler. I was too busy chatting and enjoying the artwork to take any photos. 

Here is one of Martha’s pieces which I am lucky enough to own.

Porcelain Vessel - Martha Zettler 
If you're in the Brisbane area the show is well worth a visit and you might even be able to cross some items off your Christmas gift list. The Gallery is open daily until Christmas Eve. 


Here's a link to Makers Gallery Facebook page where you will find details about the exhibition.






No comments:

Post a Comment