Sunday 15 June 2014

One more Portrait


Here is one more in my continuing theme of portraits. This time it’s a recent commission for a local family. I painted the little boy a couple of years ago and now it was time for the whole family to have a group portrait.

The backdrop is a view from the top of Table Mountain which has significance for both the family and for me since we both have ties to South Africa. It seemed fitting to recreate a holiday photograph taken on the mountain in their family portrait.

Family Portrait - oil on canvas - 24" x 30" 
©2014 Carol Lee Beckx

I did a photo shoot with the family and then worked with a number of different photographs for each family member’s face.


I am so happy to be able to photo shop with paint rather than computer software. I would rather wield a brush any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment