Thursday 20 February 2014

Sketching at the City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane

Last week I spent a very pleasant morning with the Brisbane Urban Sketchers at the City Botanic Gardens. I intended to do just two sketches but on the way back to the river after the essential coffee break I was struck by Robert Juniper's impressive sculpture. I simply had to draw that as well. This meant that I didn't finish it - or for that matter the other sketch of the buildings and Story Bridge! Time ran out so I completed these at home.

I am really enjoying the larger size of the A4 sketchbook and love the unpredictable nature of the Zeta paper. The smooth finish is wonderful for ink - my pen simply glides across the surface.

Plant Form by Robert Juniper, Gardens Point City Botanic Gardens
Ink and watercolour in Stillman & Birn Zeta sketchbook


Yachts at Garden Point City Botanic Gardens
Ink and watercolour in Stillman & Birn Zeta sketchbook


City Buildings & Story Bridge from Garden Point
Ink and watercolour in Stillman & Birn Zeta sketchbook


No comments:

Post a Comment