Friday 20 December 2013

Where did 2013 go ?

It is said that the older one gets the faster time goes. 

Perhaps it's the awareness that the road ahead is undoubtedly shorter than the road already travelled; perhaps it's because there are so many projects still to do; or it’s the realization that there aren't enough days left to accomplish everything.

Then you know that each precious day should be treasured and filled to capacity.

As I look back on 2013, I realize that it's been a busy year - the highlighted words link to the images and blog posts.
 
Here’s what I've been up to: 


Postcards from Europe - oil on linen -910mm x 1200mm ©2013 Carol Lee Beckx
  • Postcards from Europe - this painting captured special travel memories for my client.
  • Testing the Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook - there's an album of these drawings and paintings here on Flickr.
  • A major website re-design was a lot of work but very rewarding.
  • Two different portraits were delivered - such fun!
  • Exhibiting at The Rotary Art Spectacular - my first time at this prestigious exhibition
  • Lethbridge10,000 - I was so pleased to be an artist selected for the gallery exhibition.
  • Re-creating a client's Greek holiday memories - and here are the paintings. 
  • Painting a portrait of a dear Grandson - I would love to do more portraits next year - I still have so much to learn...
  • A painting with a difference - Time for Pizza - a painting for a patio with a new pizza oven.




  • Art classes were held throughout the year and a number of one day workshops:
Ink and Wash; Composition; Watercolour - New Directions; and Introduction to oils
    My good wishes go out to all my readers over this holiday season.
I wish you a Happy Christmas.I hope you will have time to stop and relax; to enjoy the company of family and special friends; and may you have time to dream a little… 



No comments:

Post a Comment