Monday 31 December 2012

Where did 2012 go?

Highlights of my creative year...

Exhibitions

Limited edition Sketchbook Project - completed and posted by the January deadline!

Workshops

The Workshop component of my teaching was extremely fulfilling with the following topics covered:

  • Discover Drawing;
  • Colour - going back to basics;
  • Abstract Art;
  • Composition,
  • Line & Colour with Derwent
2013 will see these workshops continue. I plan to include more topics and offer some one day workshops in my studio each term.

Commissions

2012 has been a very good year for commissioned paintings:


April - Memory Wall



Memory Wall - oil on canvas - 40 x 8" x 8"

May - Paintings for city apartment in Brisbane



September - Deja Bru Cafe
Paris - Deja Bru Cafe - acrylic on linen - 3 x 144" x 144"
October - Wearable Art Hairdressing

Pink Roses with Mirrors - oil on canvas - 1000mm x 1000mm
Plans for 2013

Now that my teaching studio has become more established, I can turn to my personal creative development. Drawing has become part of my artistic practice. I intend using my journals to experiment with mixed media and develop new ways to express ideas and themes that are important to me.

Moving out of the studio is something I would like to do. I need to plan how and where to paint so that is first on my list. Initially, with the heat of Brisbane summer at its highest, I might need to search out a couple of cooler places! (But at least I don't have to contend with snow!)

To my readers in all parts of the world - thank you for visiting Art Matters, it's so encouraging to see the number of visitors growing.

My wish for you this coming year is that you will have happy times with family and friends, good health, and may the creative muse remain by your side all year long...



2 comments:

  1. thanks Carol, so glad to have met you and look forward to many more great moments together! Happy Creative 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too am so,glad we met - from the blog world to the real world. Exciting times ahead!

      Delete