Monday 24 December 2012

Sketching out and about in Noosa

I've learnt a couple of things in the last few days. I need to be better organised to sketch...

Sketching at Organika
  • My lovely Lamy Safari pen has just run out of ink and the bottle is sitting back at home :(
  • I forgot to pack clips to hold the pages when it gets windy;
  • I forgot that my Moleskin sketchbook is lovely for pencil and ink but doesn't like watercolour at all.
I did learn, however, that Inktense pencils are great on the Moleskin paper so I will continue to use the sketchbook.
I discovered Organika five minutes down the road for delicious coffee....


5 comments:

  1. Looks nice... there is always the first time which prepares for the next time! Happy holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need to make a master list ! And Happy holidays to you too Helen.

      Delete
  2. I always forget things...no matter how much I prepare. Great looking sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Celeste. there comes a point when you realise you can't take everything! I have been forced to experiment with different mediums which is good - even the ordinary Bic - and I rather like the results....
      I hope you are enjoying the holidays.

      Delete
  3. Lovely sketchbook image and I relate to running out of ink!
    I now use pencil with watercolor, but have tried and enjoyed many different methods. The main thing is to keep those sketchbooks going!

    ReplyDelete